Quality, Health, Safety, and Environmental Policy.
Haakonsen Marine AS has a zero-incident philosophy, and this will apply to all our activities.
The long-term business success of Haakonsen Marine depends on our ability to continually improve the quality of our services while protecting people, the environment, equipment, and properties.
Emphasis must be placed on ensuring human health, operational safety, environmental protection, and quality enhancement. This commitment is in the best interests of our customers, our employees, our stockholders, and those in the communities in which we work and live.
Haakonsen Marine requires the active commitment to and support of QHSE from all employees. In addition, line management has a leadership role in the communication and implementation of and ensuring compliance with, QHSE policies, standards, procedures.
We shall carry out projects to the customer’s satisfaction, where trust, execution, quality and cost are central.
We shall be the preferred supplier for all Customers.
We are committed to:
- Protect the health and safety of our personnel at all times and in all circumstances
- Provide a framework for the setting of QHSE goals and performance objectives, and the use of an effective management system in order to meet customer requirements
- Monitor, evaluate, and continually improve our QHSE and total service quality performance through the definition of Key Performance Indicators, operational standards, training, assessments, and audits
- Be fully prepared to respond to any QHSE emergency
- Minimize our impact on the environment through pollution prevention and control of emissions, the efficient use of natural resources, and the reduction and recycling of waste
- Educate our employees, customers, contractors, and business partners on the safe and environmentally responsible use of our services, and how their actions can influence QHSE performance
- Communicate openly with interested parties and ensure understanding of our QHSE policy, programs, and performance
- Support and respect the protection of international human rights- ref code of ethics and conduct guidelines, and we shall all strive to ensure that we are not involved in human rights violations- ref https://www.un.org/en/universal-declaration-human-rights/ and Embedding Respect for Human Rights : UN Guiding Principles Reporting Framework (ungpreporting.org
We are committed to the proactive integration of QHSE objectives into our management system at all levels, actively reinforced by reward programs that recognize outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by our employees and contractors.
The commitments in this Policy shall be reviewed to ensure ongoing suitability and are in addition to our basic obligation to comply with Haakonsen Marine standards, as well as all governing laws and regulations in the areas where we operate. This is critical to our business success because it reduces risk and adds value to our services
Key elements to achieve this are; Good Planning- Effective Management-Qualified and motivated Personnel-Continous Improvement